No matter what you have going on, we know life can get overwhelming. From work to families to the fun things in between, you’re often on the go and handling multiple responsibilities at once. Unfortunately, a lot of that stress carries into the end of your day, which in turn, affects your sleep.
Use these suggestions to help wind down and find better, more restorative sleep.
- Create a calming space before bed. Put your phone down—that blue light glow can make it hard for your brain to shut down for the night. Set your phone and other electronics aside an hour before you want to go to sleep. You can leave your phone to charge in a different room if that helps resist the temptation.
- an adjustable system bed, can aid in your relaxation. Move the base to the ideal position for reading and add a few minutes of back and leg massage as you get ready to go to sleep.
- Mediation is a great way to wind down each day.
- One way to induce good sleep is with a warm bath. Turn off the lights and use calming candles to create a soothing environment. Aromatherapy bubble bath, bath salts, or oils will help you feel calm and comfortable.
- The aromatherapy you experienced in the warm bath can be implemented in your bed as well, with an infused Malouf pillow.
- When you practice good sleep hygiene throughout the day you will be more likely to have an easier time calming down and falling asleep. Things like a consistent bedtime and a tidy bedroom will help your brain and body call it a night