Living with pets’ entails accepting that the house may occasionally smell different, that our sofa may have more hair than we would like, and that our pet may, at some point, have liquid accidents in places such as the sofa or bed.
Without a doubt, the love they give us without expecting anything in return and the company they keep us in weigh far more.
Here are some tips for keeping your home clean:
- Brush your pets and vacuum frequently, ideally daily.
- Clean the carpets once a week or get rid of them completely.
- Ventilate your home every day, even if your nose gets cold, even in the winter!
- Microfiber mops and cloths are better at catching dust and hair.
- One capful of apple cider vinegar in the basin and you’re done!
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on your pet’s bed and other areas of the house where your pet spends the most time to eliminate unpleasant odors. Remove it the following day.
- If you want to spend a little more money, get an air purifier.
- Use a detergent to dissolve organic substances such as urine without the use of chemicals.
- Put covers on bed, sofa, and chair cushions to protect the upholstery.