Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to you (‘the buyer’) for the purchase of the goods listed on the invoice from Vencasa (‘the seller’).
- Nothing in this agreement will confer any third-party benefit or right to enforce any terms of this agreement, except when expressly agreed between parties. If the buyer intends to pass the goods onto someone else as a gift or otherwise, the buyer must note the name and address of the person on the invoice, to enable that person to have the benefits or right to enforce any terms on this contract.
- The buyer acknowledges he is aware that it is not guaranteed that the goods sold will cure or alleviate any illness or ailment or be appropriate treatment for it.
- The goods are only recommended for approved use as stated on the instruction manual.
- If the buyer intends to purchase goods for any use not approved by the manufacturer in the user manual, he/she must use his own skill and judgement, or that of an independent advisor in deciding whether those goods are suitable.
- The seller will endeavour to deliver within 8 days, but the delivery time is approximate and the seller is not liable for delays caused by circumstances beyond his reasonable control. Examples include, strikes; terrorist acts; war, supplier, transport, production problems; and natural disasters.
- The seller cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injuries arising from the purchase of this product.
- Should purchases be cancelled prior to delivery, any deposit paid to the seller is non-refundable (excluding customised items which are non-refundable). The place of delivery is on the delivery instructions on the invoice. The title to the goods and risk of loss passes on delivery.
- Should the seller choose not to enforce his rights in terms of this agreement, this shall in no way be deemed to be a waiver by the seller of his rights under the agreement.
- The contract between the buyer and the seller is governed by the laws of South Africa and any dispute between the parties will be resolved exclusively by the courts of South Africa.
- This contract comprises the whole agreement between the parties. No variation, cancellation, addition, deletion, or waiver of, or to this agreement shall be valid unless put in writing and signed by both parties.
- Repairs or exchanges of the product, or this period do not alter or extend the guarantee.
- TEMPUR guarantee is subject to registering your product/s on the Tempur website.
THE 180 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE EXCHANGE
- Is only available to residents who reside in South Africa.
- Is available on our TEMPUR & MAGNIFLEX range of mattresses and our adjustable sleep systems.
- Is only available for our standard size mattresses excluding any special size orders.
- Only applies to our adjustables if they are ordered together with a TEMPUR/MAGNIFLEX mattress.
- Is not applicable in the event of death.
- Is NOT available on any demo or floor-clearance items.
- Is NOT available on Overlays, Bed Frames, Pillows and Accessories (including but not limited to: lumbar support pillows, travel pillows, travel sets or linen) or any product which has been customized by us, in any way, or has been made to meet the customer's particular requirements.
- In order for this contract to be applicable, you the customer, must purchase one of our approved mattress protectors at the time of purchase and commit to keeping the product purchased in a clean condition devoid of any damage /marks or spills.
- Please make sure you register your TEMPUR products at za.tempur.com
- Will incur a R1700 delivery free for collecting your old mattress and delivering your new mattress as reflected on the invoice.
- The 180 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE excludes collection/delivery fees.
- Delivery/Collection and Installation of the goods must be done by our approved installer
- Customers are not allowed to pick up the goods from the warehouse due to the inspection that needs to take place.
- The 180-day satisfaction exchange guarantee period will commence from the date on which the products are delivered to the customer and will end at midnight on the 180th day after that date.
- A minimum of 60 nights must be completed before the 180 day satisfaction guarantee exchange becomes applicable. This is the required period, as per international guidelines, in order to adapt to the products.
- Should you, the Customer, prefer a different feel of mattress then you will be allowed one exchange. This exchange can only take place if you have been on the mattress for a minimum of 60 nights.
- If the customer has purchased an adjustable sleep system (2 x single mattresses), you are allowed to exchange the mattresses at different periods during the 180 days.
- To start your exchange process, please contact your sales consultant or your nearest store.
- Exchanges are only applicable on TEMPUR and Magniflex Mattresses and our Adjustable Sleep Systems.
- The exchange fee of R1700.00 payable depending on your area will need to be paid first before the exchange takes place.
- We will then come out to do an exchange of your current product. If there are any marks or stains or if your mattress is found to be in an unacceptable condition, the exchange process can't continue. The delivery fee will be forfeited and the contract will no longer be applicable.
- In the event of an upgrade from your current mattress, you will be notified in writing of the exchange cost and your consultant will contact you for payment before the exchange can take place.
- In the event of a downgrade, you will receive a store voucher/credit to the value of the difference between the products exchanged.
- A minimum delivery fee of R1700 (depending on your area) will be charged and will need to be paid before the exchange takes place.
- Should you stay in an outlaying area, your sales consultant will let you know the delivery exchange fee.
- Price differences on upgrades will be charged and no current promotions will be valid. You will be notified of any upgrade fees in writing and your consultant will contact you for payment before the exchange can take place.
- The exchange amount will be at full retail price taking into consideration the amount you have paid.
- Please allow for 8 working days for an exchange to take place - from date of payment.
- Please note, once you have exercised the right and done the exchange, this contract will become null and void. No further exchanges will be allowed.
- Before any exchange takes place, you are required to send pictures to your sales consultant. If the pictures are not visible, we will need to come out prior to any exchange taking place.
- Any free items received on a promotion will not be valid for an exchange.
- Defective goods will be repaired or replaced, subject to individual product warranty and guarantee.
- If your product is defective or you are unsure if it is defective, email [email protected] or contact your sales consultant to initiate an inspection.
- Please note that we may require photographs of the item to be sent to us via email, in order to do an assessment. Onsite inspections will be charged a call out fee of R650 (depending on your area).
- If your goods arrive defective on delivery/collection or when delivering/collecting during an exchange. Notify your consultant immediately. You will not be charged a call out fee during the 180 days if the goods are delivered defective/faulty.
BY PURCHASING A "DEMO" UNIT, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- A demo unit is one that has been displayed on a showroom / show or exhibition floor and is therefore not new.
- The covers on Demo Mattresses and Pillows have been cleaned professionally on a regular basis. The cover may contain certain marks that were not removed during the cleaning process.
- Demo mattresses and pillows are sold as is and will not be washed again prior to delivery.
- Due to the personal nature, of use, of TEMPUR products we can unfortunately not do exchanges or refunds.
- Whilst the utmost care is taken to deliver demo beds, frames, headboards & ottomans, units utilised on Exhibitions or Shows will be delivered in the condition they are in at the completion of the show.
- The Customer acknowledges that he/she has tested the unit (or the same model) and has been made aware that there may be slight differences in feel, but that all is fully functional and not materially damaged or faulty in anyway.
- The guarantee and warranty period of ‘demo’ items are reduced as follows:
REDUCED GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY PERIOD
Adjustables - Motionflex
Adjustables - Bossflex
Adjustables - TEMPURflex
3 Year Guarantee and 8-year Limited Warranty
2 Year Guarantee
6 Months Warranty
6 Months Warranty
6 Months Warranty
6 Months Warranty on the Motor
6 Months Warranty on the Motor
6 Months Warranty on the Motor
BY PURCHASING A "DISCONTINUED" UNIT, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- A discontinued unit is an item that has been discontinued by the Manufacturer.
- The item is no longer available for import or sale.
- The discontinued item is sold as is and cannot be re-purchased or exchanged for the same product in the future years.
- The price of the discontinued item is not to be repeated and will not apply for any future purchases.
- The discontinued item will carry a 5-year Pharmaline limited warranty and not a TEMPUR warranty – Terms and Conditions available on request.
- The product will depreciate as follows.
- Our deliveries are done Monday to Friday from 9-5pm excluding public holidays.
- If you require a special delivery time, please give us a call on 0861 60 60 60. Alternatively, you can send us an email at [email protected] so that we can try and accommodate you the best we can.
- Your delivery will take place between 8-10 working days from payment and order confirmation.
- Any item that is customized will be delivered 8 weeks from receipt of payment.
- If an item is out of stock due to unforeseen circumstances one of our agents will call you and discuss a suitable alternative solution.
- Unfortunately, no collections can be done from our distribution centre or stores.
- Small ticket items like pillows, accessories, and linen will be delivered via a courier service.
- Bigger ticket items will be delivered directly by our Vencasa delivery team - as long as you are within 50km of any of our distribution hubs. If you fall outside of the above, a courier service will be used to deliver your goods.
- We will contact you beforehand to arrange a convenient time for the delivery of bigger ticket items that require installation in your home.
- Delivery fees are calculated per order according to the category of the product and the area that you reside in.
- Please note that strict Covid-19 protocols will be followed for all orders & deliveries. Please refer to our COVID-19 FAQ (link to https://www.vencasa.co.za/covid)for details of our precautions.
- Delivery fees for Category 1 products (smaller ticket items like pillows, accessories, and linen): These items do not require the delivery team to enter the premises for installation purposes.
- R95-00 delivery fee for orders under R1000.
- FREE delivery for orders over R1000.
- Delivery fees for Category 2 products (bigger ticket items like mattresses, bases, furniture):These items require the delivery team to enter the premises for installation purposes.
- The base delivery fee is R650-00.
- The base delivery fee applies to all deliveries within 50km of our hubs. Our primary hubs are Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town & Umhlanga.
- For outlying areas, we reserve the right to charge a surcharge for the delivery. You will be contacted with a quote for the extra delivery cost.
- These delivery fees include installation/setup fees.
- The Category 2 delivery fee policy will be used for orders containing a mixture of category 1 and category 2 products.
- Due to hygiene factors – pillows, mattress protectors and bed linen are non-refundable and cannot be returned once the original seal has been opened.
- Mattresses and sleep systems are subject to the 180 comfort exchange terms & conditions
Defective goods will be repaired or replaced, subject to individual product warranty and guarantee. If your product is defective or you are unsure if it is defective, email [email protected] to initiate an inspection, or complete a Return Request Form online. Please note that we may require photographs of the item to be sent to us via email, in order to do an assessment. A call-out fee may be charged for on-site inspections.